This is an opportunity for a motivated and highly organised person who can share our commitment to enhancing the lives of older people. You will be based at our newly refurbished Harleston House in Wimborne, Dorset when it re-opens late Spring 2021.
You will be responsible for the provision of a high standard of varied meals and to maintain the smooth running of the house in the absence of the House Staff.
Key duties will include:
- Prepare and cook high quality meals from fresh ingredients to include any dietary requirements – you must also be aware of and know how to comply with current allergen legislation.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, including washing up and ensure that the kitchen conforms to Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Standards
- Complete accurate records for the kitchen areas including risk assessments, temperature records and any other information that needs to be recorded to meet current legislation.
- Be responsible for the residents’ welfare in the absence of the House Staff and respond to any queries or emergencies.
3 days per week (24 hours) working a 2 week rota. Alternate weekend working is included in the role.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.37 per hour
Face coverings are to be worn whilst in communal areas as well as in the kitchen, this is to protect our residents and other staff members, this is in addition to regular hand washing and cleaning.
.Recognised catering qualification essential.
.Experience of cooking for older people preferred but not essential.
.Driving License essential
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards
- Menu planning
- Recording food temperatures
- Preparing reports
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Please apply on Indeed via this link: Abbeyfield Wessex Jobs - April 2021 | Indeed.com